POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Slope with a slope_map : Slope with a slope_map Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:21:42 EDT (-0400)
  Slope with a slope_map
From: JK
Date: 7 Aug 2003 21:26:24
Message: <3f32fc40$1@news.povray.org>
Hi, can the slope pattern be used with a slope_map? The docs say:
"A slope_map may be used with any pattern except brick, checker, object,
hexagon, bumps, dents, ripples, waves, wrinkles and bump_map."
So it should work? But the following piece of code doesn't  give any kind of
ramp:

#include "colors.inc"
camera{location<0,0,-5>
              look_at<0,0,0>}
light_source{<-10,10,-50>color White*2}
#declare Slopenormal= normal{slope{<0,-1,0>,0,1}

                                       slope_map{[0 <1,0>]

sphere{<0,0,0>,1 pigment{color Grey}
                              normal{Slopenormal}}

If I understand this correctly this should give me a ramp down somewhere
little above the middle of the sphere.
What am I missing?